Fish Tacos with Grits. These Fish Tacos are so good that you'll likely even find seafood haters loving them! You get deliciously seasoned, tender and flaky fish pieces layered over hearty corn tortillas along with the best tacos toppings, and it's all finished with a rich and creamy fish tacos sauce. Unless you've been completely checked out for the past few years, you've noticed that the humble bowl has been elevated to more of a "large holy grail" when it comes to healthy cooking, fast-casual dining and all-in-one meals.
The fish—we use cod , but any flaky variety works—marinates in a mixture of lime juice, chili powder, and cumin that will become your standard. (Seriously, steak or chicken marinated in this will also taste. Grilled Fish Tacos with Jicama Slaw & Chipotle Aioli. Tacos have been part of Mexico's culinary heritage for hundreds of years, and their popularity have made them one of the beloved ambassadors of its nations cuisine.
Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, fish tacos with grits. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Fish Tacos with Grits is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Fish Tacos with Grits is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
These Fish Tacos are so good that you'll likely even find seafood haters loving them! You get deliciously seasoned, tender and flaky fish pieces layered over hearty corn tortillas along with the best tacos toppings, and it's all finished with a rich and creamy fish tacos sauce. Unless you've been completely checked out for the past few years, you've noticed that the humble bowl has been elevated to more of a "large holy grail" when it comes to healthy cooking, fast-casual dining and all-in-one meals.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook fish tacos with grits using 43 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Tacos with Grits:
- Make ready of Grits————–.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter divided.
- Take 2 cup of grits.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- Prepare As needed of hot sauce your favorite optional added individually.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Fish———————.
- Make ready 2 pounds of Swai Fish.
- Get 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 3/4 cup of self-rising cornbread mix.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Get 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Take of Slaw——————–.
- Get 1 pound of shredded coleslaw mix.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seed oil.
- Take 1/4 cup of honey.
- Take 1-1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Avocado—————-.
- Get 1 tablespoon of diced onions.
- Take 1/4 cup of lemon juice or lime juice.
- Make ready 1 of large Hass avocado.
- Take 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Make ready 1/3 teaspoon of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley flakes.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Make ready 1/3 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare of Gravy————————.
- Take 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 3/4 stick of butter.
- Take 2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 15 ounce of can evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Make ready of Tortillas—————————.
- Get 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of lard.
- Make ready 1 cup of water.
- Prepare As needed of lard to grease the pan.
- Make ready of Oil——————.
- Make ready As needed of vegetable oil to fry in.
Grilled Fish Tacos These tacos are great whether grilled outdoors or pan grilled inside. I added some chopped sweet onion chopped fresno chile and sweet red pepper to the slaw for more veggies and crunch. Even my hubby who loves everything real spicy didn't feel the need to add any salsa-it would. Fish tacos are made for hot summer days!
Steps to make Fish Tacos with Grits:
- Mix the ingredients for the tortillas..
- Boil the water with the salt. Slowly pour the grits into the boiling water. When the grits are almost done add the rest of the butter. Cover and let sit undisturbed for 15 minutes minimum..
- Knead into a ball. Let rest for 12 minutes. Then form 9 golf size balls..
- Take wax paper and oil then lightly flour the wax paper. Press each ball till the dough is flattened..
- Repeat again..
- Set wax paper on top.
- Flatten it out if you don't have a tortilla press the you can use two pan bottoms..
- Grease the pan and heat. Also heat the oil for frying..
- Add the flatten dough..
- Turn as needed..
- When done move to paper towels. Repeat till done..
- Mix the flour, cornbread mix, and cornstarch together. Season the fish. Fry in the hot oil..
- Turn the fish as needed.
- When done move to paper towels to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Repeat till done..
- Melt the butter.
- Add the garlic mix well..
- Add the flour and cook the flour in the butter..
- Add the milk stirring constantly till it's thickened the way you want..
- Scoop out the avocado and mash it up and mix all the ingredients together..
- Mix the coleslaw ingredients together..
- It's ready..
- Spread some of the avocado mixture on the tortillas..
- Add some fish..
- Add slaw then the gravy.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Crispy, spicy fish tucked into a bed of crunchy, sweet, and sour red cabbage slaw, all piled high on a tortilla—just Baja-style fish tacos are usually made with a batter. I tried that with this recipe, and I just preferred the texture and crunch of the breaded fish better. Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food fish tacos with grits recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!