Red Lentil Curry (daal). This is a rich and hearty lentil curry, great as a main meal rather than as a side dish like the more traditional Indian dhal. Don't let the ingredient list faze you, this really is an easy dish to make. Video recipe from authentic Sri Lankan kitchen.
Rich, fragrant, and packed with protein for a meal you can feel good about. Dal (sometimes spelled 'dhal', 'dahl' or 'daal') is one of my very favorite Indian dishes because of how quickly it is made. Dal Spices- Dal is made with far less spices than most Indian curries!
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, red lentil curry (daal). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This is a rich and hearty lentil curry, great as a main meal rather than as a side dish like the more traditional Indian dhal. Don't let the ingredient list faze you, this really is an easy dish to make. Video recipe from authentic Sri Lankan kitchen.
Red Lentil Curry (daal) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Red Lentil Curry (daal) is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have red lentil curry (daal) using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- Make ready 1 of pot :.
- Take 5 cup of 5-6 cup of water in a pot.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of Red lentils (washed).
- Take 4 small of 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell).
- Take 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Take of Spices.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat).
- Take 1 of Whole chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 tsp of All spice powder (garam masala).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Take 1 of Salt.
- Take of Separate pan.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion.
- Take 3 of Curry leaves.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- Take 1 of Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
This recipe calls for a simple combination of cumin, garam masala and turmeric. Garam masala is a spice mix found in supermarkets nowadays – it's like a more potent curry powder. Perfect over brown rice for a simple, plant-based meal. Add in some brown rice and you have an incredibly substantial plant-based meal.
Steps to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves..
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well).
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt).
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens.
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread).
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate.
Comfort food is my absolute favorite and I can never say no to curry! Dal (also spelled dhal, daal, dahl) is a term used for dried, split pulses. Dal also refers to Indian lentil soups which are important staple foods in South Asian countries, especially India. Hailing from Gujurat, a province in western India known for its vegetarian food, this recipe uses masoor daal (split red lentils), which do Transfer the lentils and soaking water to a large saucepan. Red curry lentils is my all-time favorite lentil recipe.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food red lentil curry (daal) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!