Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole. Red lentils are colorful and creamy in this Middle Eastern-inspired soup.
Enjoy this filling veggie soup with red lentils, carrots and leeks. Add the carrots and leeks and season (don't add salt if you use ham stock as it will make it too salty). Be sure to pick through your lentils carefully.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, salty pirate's red lentil soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup is something which I have loved my entire life.
Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole. Red lentils are colorful and creamy in this Middle Eastern-inspired soup.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook salty pirate's red lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup:
- Get of Black Bean Stock.
- Make ready 1 lb of Dry Black Beans.
- Get 1 tsp of Chipotle Spice Mix.
- Take 1 tsp of Ground mixed Pepper Corns.
- Get of Red Lentil.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of Split Red Lentils.
- Take 1 head of Red Onion.
- Take 1 head of Cured Garlic.
- Take 1 tbsp of Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fine Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Smoked Spanish Paprika.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Ground Cayenne.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
I somehow always find pebbles or clots of dirt hiding in their midst. Unless you used a salty broth, you will likely need to salt generously, until the the soup no longer tastes flat. Serve each bowl topped with almonds, olives, feta. Keywords: lentil soup, middle eastern lentil soup, red lentil soup, red lentil soup recipe, turmeric lentil soup.
Instructions to make Salty Pirate's Red Lentil Soup:
- To create the Black Bean Stock: state with 1 lb dry black beans. I recommend against pre-soaking to capture full flavor, but pre-soak will cut time in half. Wash in cold water for 3-5 minutes, drain off (pre-soak 8-12 hours optionally at this point save water if so). Bring to a full boil in a large pot for 15 minutes, strain any foam off. Lower to a medium simmer and add ground pepper. (The beans will boil over easily so keep an eye on them). After 30-45 minutes test a bean, if it's starting to tender (fully chewable) then lower to low simmer and add salt. After about 90-120 minutes total beans should be done (will vary). Scoop out beans or pour through a civ to save boil water as stock..
- Place dry split red lentils in the hot stock and bring up to a low boil (you may need to add some additional water as needed)..
- While the lentils are boiling in a separate pan sauté chopped/diced red onion and garlic in butter (I used goats milk butter for a lighter creamy taste). Sauté until well browned and caramelized. Remove from heat..
- When lentils have been boiling for 20 minutes add sautéed garlic/onions and mix in all of the spices. Lower temp and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure spices infuse and no beans are sticking to the pot..
It was bland which I expected. We just added salt and pepper to each bowl to suit each of us. I don't even use the reduced sodium broths as we find them too salty. Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. A well made Lentil Soup recipe is can't-stop-eating-it good.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food salty pirate's red lentil soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!