Brats 'n Cheddar Pies.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, brats 'n cheddar pies. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Brats 'n Cheddar Pies is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Brats 'n Cheddar Pies is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have brats 'n cheddar pies using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Brats 'n Cheddar Pies:
- Make ready of For the filling.
- Make ready 4 of bratwurst sausages.
- Prepare 2 of red peppers, finely chopped.
- Take 1 of white onion, finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 (400 g) of can chopped plum tomatoes.
- Get 150 g of mature Cheddar cheese, grated.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of garlic granules.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of English mustard powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get of For the hot crust pastry.
- Take 400 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 80 g of strong white plain flour.
- Make ready 80 g of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Get 200 ml of boiling water.
- Get 100 g of lard, melted.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg for glazing.
Steps to make Brats 'n Cheddar Pies:
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Have a 12 hole muffin or 8 pork pie tins ready (no need to grease it)..
- Cook your bratwursts. I grill mine but you can do them in the frying pan. Remove from the pan. Gently fry off the peppers and onions in a pan just to soften them and add the tomatoes. Put them into a large bowl and put to one side. Finely chop up the bratwurst and add them to the peppers, onions and tomatoes. Add the cheese into this mixture, stir in the garlic granules, mustard powder and season with salt and pepper. Put all this to one side until you are ready to fill your pies..
- To make the pastry, add both flours to a large bowl and rub in the butter. Add the salt to the boiling water so that it dissolves. Add the melted lard into the boiling water/salt and then pour this into the flour mixture. Initially, because it will be hot, mix this with a spoon so that the pastry starts to form. Once cool enough take the dough out of the bowl and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Work the dough into a ball..
- Roll it out to a thickness of around 1cm and then cut into circles of around 10cm, enough to fit each “well” of the muffin tin. Press these into the muffin tins and then cut out another 12 circles of around 8cm for the lids of the pies..
- Fill each pie case with around 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling but be careful not to overfill, you don’t want it to burst through the lid during baking. Add your lids and crimp the edges to the body of the pies. Make a hole in the top of each pie to let steam escape during baking. Finally brush some of the beaten egg over the top of each pie so that you get that lovely golden finish when they are cooked..
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 50 minutes..
- Remove each pie from the muffin tin asap and transfer to wire tray for cooling..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food brats 'n cheddar pies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!