Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not operating as effectively as they should. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. The suitable temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to run less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. Mostly, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shredded hawaiian chicken – crockpot recipe recipe. To make shredded hawaiian chicken – crockpot recipe you only need 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe:
- Take 2 of lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3 large breasts).
- Use 1 1/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- Get 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Get 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of lime juice.
- Provide 1/4 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of sriracha (use more for more spice).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Use 2 tbsp. of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Get 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Get of Suggested for serving :.
- Use of ·King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls.
- You need of ·Pineapple rings.
- You need of or.
- Take of ·Jasmine or Basmati Rice OR Quinoa.
- Use of ·Sesamee Seeds.
- You need of ·Scallions.
- Prepare of ·Diced Onion.
Steps to make Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe:
- Start by trimming the fat off of the chicken breasts. Lightly grease the slow cooker and place the breasts down in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT for the cold water and cornstarch..
- Pour the pineapple mixture over the chicken breasts..
- Set the slow cooker to low for 6-7 hours (or high for 3-4) depending on how long you'd like to have it cooking..
- Once the cook time is up, take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and let them rest on a cutting board for about 5 minutes. The chicken should be very tender and falling apart. Then using 2 forks or your fingers, shred the chicken. Once shredded, set aside..
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the cold water and the cornstarch. Carefully transfer the liquid from the crockpot to a medium saucepan. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened (should reach a syrupy consistency)… this will only take a few minutes..
- Toss the shredded chicken in the thickened pineapple sauce and stir to coat it all. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- For serving, we used toasted King's Hawaiian Burger Rolls and topped with melted provolone cheese and pineapple rings. Then used whatever additional toppings we wanted (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, etc…)..
- This chicken is also pretty tasty served over rice or quinoa, sprinkled with diced pineapple, diced onions, sesamee seeds and scallions –>.
If you find this Shredded Hawaiian Chicken – Crockpot Recipe recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply