Gumbo. Easy Delicious Seafood Gumbo Recipe: Seafood Gumbo With Shrimp Crab meat & Okra. Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe – Cajun Gumbo with Andouille, Duck Leg, Shrimp and Langoustine. Gumbo is one of the most famous dishes to result from Louisiana's shared Creole-Cajun heritage.
Gumbo is a true melting pot dish. Originating in Louisiana it combines the cuisines and ingredients of several cultures including West African, French, German, and Choctaw. See more ideas about Gumbo, Gumbo recipe, Cooking recipes.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, gumbo. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Easy Delicious Seafood Gumbo Recipe: Seafood Gumbo With Shrimp Crab meat & Okra. Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe – Cajun Gumbo with Andouille, Duck Leg, Shrimp and Langoustine. Gumbo is one of the most famous dishes to result from Louisiana's shared Creole-Cajun heritage.
Gumbo is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Gumbo is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook gumbo using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Gumbo:
- Make ready of gumbo.
- Make ready 2 of sausage links.
- Get 1 packages of seafood mix.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- Take 1/2 cup of minced garlic.
- Get 1 can of chicken stock.
- Get 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Get 1 pinch of salt n pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cajun spice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 1 of chicken stock cube.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- Get 1 cup of water.
Save this Filé gumbo lasagna recipe and more from Kevin Belton's New Orleans Celebrations to your own online collection at. Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do! Gumbo, which originated in southern Louisiana, can be defined as a soup of meat and/or shellfish and rice. It is always seasoned with garlic, onions, and ground.
Instructions to make Gumbo:
- Geat pot on stove at medium high. Cook diced onions and garlic for 5 mins.
- Add sausage and cook for 8 minutes or until sausage gets a little brown.
- Add chicken stock, heavy cream, and all spices. Also add the boullion cube. bring to a light boil..
- Let boil for 3 minutes then add the rice and I say a cup but add enough water for the rice to cook all the way. 10 minutes and the rice should be tender. It shouldn't feel hard. The rice should be soft. 5 minutes before the rice is done add the seafood mix and cook for 5 mins or untill fully cooked..
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up the rich sauce. This Authentic New Orleans Gumbo is made with a dark roux, vegetables, chicken, sausage, and shrimp, and served over rice. This is a beloved recipe shared with me by a native New Orleanian. gumbo. dervived from the west african word "gombo" for okra; a stew comprised of the holy trinity in cajun/creole cooking (onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes) cajun spices, okra, bay leaves.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food gumbo recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!