Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce:
- Make ready of Canola oil.
- Get of Garlic minced.
- Get of Mild to medium New Mexican Chile Powder (can use hot but reduce the amount unless you prefer hot).
- Get of Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth.
- Prepare of Water.
- Make ready of Dried Oregano (Mexican if available).
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Plain Yoghurt (I use Greek).
- Get of 6 inch Corn Tortillas.
- Prepare of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- Get of White Onion, minced.
- Make ready of Chicken, Beef, Pork (optional).
- Get of Pinto Beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed.
Steps to make Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce:
- To prepare the sauce, heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, cook, stirring until it begins to soften. Stir in garlic and and continue cooking until the onion is translucent. Stir in Chile powder. Add broth, water, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by about one third. The sauce should be thick enough to coat a spoon lightly..
- Preheat oven to 400?. Coat a 7×11 inch or similar baking dish with cooking spray..
- Mash the pinto beans and combine with yoghurt..
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the sauce in the baking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas, overlapping to cover the bottom. Top with half the bean mixture, spread thinly. Scatter 2/3 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons onions on top of the beans. If using meat, add here. Top with one third of the remaining sauce, 4 tortillas the remaining bean mixture, 2/3 cup of cheese and remaining onion. Spread half of the remaining sauce on top and cover with remaining 4 tortillas. Top with remaining sauce and cheese..
- Bake until hot and bubbly, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food cheese enchiladas with red chile sauce recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!