Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken adobo tortilla soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken adobo tortilla soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare of small sweet onion- diced small.
- Make ready of garlic- chopped.
- Take of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- Get of green bell pepper-dice small.
- Make ready of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Take of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Get of chili powder.
- Take of cumin.
- Get of dried oregano.
- Make ready of chicken stock.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of flour tortillas – cut into thin strips.
- Make ready of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Prepare of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Get of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- Get of salt.
- Get of lime juice (to taste).
- Prepare of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
Instructions to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food chicken adobo tortilla soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply