Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, vickys spiced 'n' iced christmas cookies. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook vickys spiced 'n' iced christmas cookies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies:
- Get 225 grams of gluten-free/plain flour.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking soda/bicarb of soda.
- Take 75 grams of soft brown sugar.
- Get 60 grams of dairy-free spread such as Vitalite sunflower spread or Stork margarine foil wrapped block.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of treacle/molasses.
- Make ready 2 tsp of Mixed Spice, recipe link below.
- Take 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Make ready 2-4 tablespoons of milk or dairy-free alternative.
Steps to make Vickys Spiced 'n' Iced Christmas Cookies:
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer. Add the spices and treacle and beat again, then add 2 tbsp of the milk https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359496-vickys-sweet-mixed-spice-for-baked-goods.
- Add the flour and baking soda then using your hands, bring the dough together into a ball. Add more milk a teaspoon at a time if you need it but don't let the dough become too sticky. Wrap it in clingfilm and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough 3mm thick. Cut out your shapes and put them on to two lightly greased baking-sheets. Gather the remaining dough into a ball, roll out again and keep cutting until it has all been used.
- Put the baking sheets in the fridge for about 45 minutes, meanwhile preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Bake for 12 minutes. They should start to feel hard round the edges as they cool and eventually become really hard. They need to have a nice 'snap'.
- Decorate with icing sugar mixed with a little water or brush with marmalade as I did and cut out the same shapes from ready roll icing and stick on top of the cookies. Be creative with piping icing and embellishments.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food vickys spiced 'n' iced christmas cookies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!